A war can be decided in a single skirmish.
what is conquest: first blood?
Conquest: First Blood is a fast-paced Wargame of thrilling Skirmish battles, set in the world of Conquest. Since the very beginning, we have been talking about Conquest being a complete gaming experience, not simply a game. First Blood is another step we take in that direction, in us delivering on that promise. Much like the Living World was designed to allow the players to be involved and experience the lore of Conquest on an entirely different level, First Blood was designed to provide to the players the opportunity to experience a different type of Conquest combat – but still play a Conquest battle. After all, an entire war can be decided in a single skirmish…
Why would one play Conquest: First Blood?
Well, for starters, the rules are free!
That not-with-standing, First Blood has excellent Mechanics, with core elements tested and proved in an established game, designed for a Medieval Epic Fantasy setting and tailored to the Skirmish mindset and play-style. It builds on the foundation of the fast and exciting system of The Last Argument of Kings; one could play two matches in a single afternoon. It is also affordable to new players, as it requires but a few Regiment Expansions and Characters.
Conquest now offers an entire, two-in-one wargaming experience, all with the same Conquest minis:
• First Blood for heroic Skirmish clashes and game action.
• The Last Argument of Kings for fast-paced mass combat epic battles.
Veteran Conquest players already have everything they need to play First Blood; one would only need to download the FREE First Blood rules.
For newcomers, as one’s collection grows, it provides one with the opportunity to use one’s Models to play its Mass Battles brother, again, simply by downloading the FREE rules of both game play styles.
A differest playstyle - A single wargaming experience!
First Blood was created with both veteran Conquest players and people new to the hobby in mind. It utilizes the same resources as Conquest: The Last Argument of Kings, simulating many of Conquest’s basic rules and characteristics, while retaining its own, distinct character and feel as a stand-alone game. Some of Conquest: First Blood’s key elements include:
- Rules and mechanics that are born from Conquest (i.e. 1 is a success and 6 a failure, the turn has the same structure, players activate one regiment at a time and perform actions).
- Plays with a far smaller Model count (depending on army size, they could start playing with 1 hero and 2 regiments)
- The square Stands of The Last Argument of Kings are not used; in First Blood, Models are placed and move much more freely than in “block” movement, making it a pure Skirmish game, despite the relatively increased number of models allowed in it.
- Veteran Conquest players will find that their Regiment and Character models can be fielded in First Blood. On the other hand, a First Blood entire Regiment comprises of the contents of a single box, and you could build multiple smaller First Blood Regiments with a single Conquest expansion, making it ideal for newcomers.
- The play style of First Blood is much faster (faster even than Conquest: The Last Argument of Kings!) mostly due to allowing fewer Models on the field.
- It requires a table smaller than your average Mass Battle game, making it both easier for newcomers and an excellent option for veterans, offering fast and easy-to-setup battles.
- Utilizes Characters in a different way than Conquest – while in the Mass Battle game of Conquest: The Last Argument of Kings Characters are leaders of Regiments, here they are “Units” of their own right and do not join normal Regiments, followed rather by their retinue or fighting on their own.
- Command Upgrades in First Blood are a force to be reckoned with! They have their own stats and abilities, different from the Regiments they join, and can turn the tide of battle with the special rules they provide.